Tuesday, August 24, 2010

School on Saturday?

Yes, I think so! This was no ordinary school; it was Viking Cooking School. I had read about it many times and thought wow that would be so much to attend but I never really thought that I would actually go. It has been written up in many different publications and being in the nutrition world I had met other people that had gone. No one had ever come back disappointed from what I had heard.

Well I am here to tell you that cooking school was everything and more than I expected. I could have spent $100s in the cooking store attached to the kitchen. Every appliance and kitchen gadget I picked up was perfect. (and they come in basically every color... I think that colorful kitchen gadget such as spatulas, knives, cutting boards, etc are a must!) We got to cook on Viking cooking ranges (gas just cooks so much better) and use the most amazing pots and pans. Basically I could go on and on about all the fun gadgets that I got to use.

What was on the menu I am sure you are wondering.

Lamp Chop "Lollipops" on Baby Spinach Salad
Lobster and Wild Mushroom Risotto
Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus
Individual Tiramisu Trifle
Petite Cheese Course

All of it tasted amazing. I loved that our instructors were careful to provide instruction but also let us experiment. From pulling the lobster meat out of the tail to cutting the lamb off the rack it was all an experience. It was a wonderful feast when we sat down to enjoy a night of hard work!

I would love to go back and I recommend that if you have ever had the desire to go because it will not be a disappointment.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

ummm....yes, do you have the recipes for that stuff? it sounds so yummy!!!! so fun that you got to go! ive been to the store (on our tour of the delta) and i loved it :)

Mary Martha said...

OH it sounds divine! We need a phone date to catch up and talk about this and the rest of life!