Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Grove Experience


Yes, I have been to Oxford before so this is my third experience of The Grove. While I will never claim to be an Ole Miss fan there are somethings that just make each football experience unique. And if you have never been to The Grove then I think that you need to go. It is an experience like none other. Would I want that to be my tailgating experiencing each week? Probably not but that is for me to decide and not to cast judgement on those that want that to be their tailgating experience.

I took two unsecpecting Grove freshman with me (Karis and Lindsey). They were troopers and even pleased their guide by wearing a little orange. We attended Tiger Walk and saw that Cam Newton had just as much security as Gene Chizik. Although we were too far away to high five any of them there is just something about being in the crowd that is yelling the Auburn cheers that I love so much.

I got to see many Auburn friends. Daniel/Cabray (DanBray), Sarah Marie, Laura Jane, Glenna and Byrne are just a few of the names that will dropped today. It was fun to see faces that I had not seen in a while and ones that I did not expect to see! So for me it was just what I needed... a little piece of my past to make me love the present all that much more!

It was a great road win for my Tigers. We have improved to 9-0 (but you don't need me telling you that when you have ESPN).

No comments: