Thursday, April 14, 2011

Tennis

There was one sport growing up that as a child of David Farnsworth we were required to learn to play. That sport was tennis. I always remember enjoying my tennis lessons growing up but I always wanted to be really good and be able to volley back and forth for a while. When I started I was just small little girl weighing in at no more than one-hundred pounds (because let's face it I never reached the one-hundred mark until I was teenager) so I am sure that muscle development factored into my arching lobes and inaccurate ball placement. Even today I still have those occasional lobes and my ball placement is hardly ever where I want it.

Last summer I picked up the game again. I met my friend, Sheri and she introduced me to a nice group of fun ladies in Starkville that I enjoy getting to hit some tennis balls with about twice a week. While I may have only won a few matches it is the competition, sweat, and hard work that I enjoy. Today my legs are sore from a match that I had last night. But there is just something that I love about getting out on the courts and hitting that little yellow ball as hard as I can (I realize that makes me sound violent but I am not). It is just a good way to clear my mind and have a little fun!

One day soon I am sure that I will have to return my borrowed racket from sister Helen. She keeps asking when she is going to get it back. But for now I will keep it and keep playing this sport that was once mandatory but now is played for fun!

No comments: