Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Auburn Came to Starkville

It is an event that only happens every other year. Many times I feel that I am out of my element when it comes to college football in Starkville, MS. I have grown to appreciate many things about Mississippi State football but it will never (ever) win my heart like the Auburn Tigers did twenty-something years ago. It was two years ago when I experienced my first Auburn-MS State game as a Starkville resident. I never thought that I would still be living in this town two years later but here I am! Two years ago brought many friends to town and Bulldog Bash. It was a blast showing all of these friends my new found home and then sharing in an awful 3-2 victory by my Tigers.

Now it is two years later. This game was on a Thursday night so only sister Helen and Mom and Dad came to town. We tailgated with some Auburn faithful, dropped by the Columbia, MS tailgate (for introductions) and spent time with my second family (the Allisons) in Starkville. As you can see from the pictures it was a hot day and lots of sweating (but that has to be football in September).

After a near heart break in the 4th quarter I was glad to see my Tigers pull out a win on the road. It was a loud environment (one in which the cowbells were not rang respectively). I am so grateful for Cam Newton because Auburn would be in trouble without his contributions this fall.

Here are some pictures from that Thursday. War Eagle!



No comments: