Thursday, October 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Karis: Cooking School Birthday Party!

Last Friday night we celebrated my dear roommates birthday. We had a blast might be the best way to summarize the evening. Lindsey and I started planning this event a couple of weeks ago and I might have to admit that I had just as much fun planning it as I did preparing the food. (We got this idea because The Boy took me to Viking School a couple of months ago ... so we just created our own rendition) The menu included:

Butternut Squash Risotto
Cornbread, Sausage, and Apple Stuffed Chicken Bundles
Fall Harvest Green Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
Sweet Potato Biscuits
Mocha Espresso Mousse
... and many concoctions of martinis

There was more laughing out of the White House on East Lee than one has ever experienced. The kitchen was busting at the seems too. We were very detailed with our instructions and split everyone into teams so that the food would be ready about the same time! Oh, I can't even explain to you how good the food was. It was a really fun night! Maybe we will get to do it again!

No comments: