Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Fab4 Engagement

The oldest member of the Fab4 became engaged over the Christmas holiday! What a wonderful phone call it was to receive. Sarah Marie met this boy at the annual Peachtree House Christmas party in 2009. Little did she know that the tall dark haired boy that sported glasses would one day propose to her. Their first few dates were in Jackson when the water pipes had bust so while they dined at elegant places around the Capital City they were served on paper plates with plastic utensils. (I just think that is so unique).

I realized that this might be going somewhere when I had a phone chat with Sarah Maire. We had been playing phone tag for a few days and she was just awful at returning my calls. Finally (yes, finally) she returned my phone call. We have never been the best phone chatters but this particular phone conversation lasted over 45 minutes because all SMarie could do was gush over the things that this boy was doing for her. She said that they talked almost nightly and it was for at least an hour each night; which if you know anything about SMarie you realize that is a long time for her to be on the phone everyday. So I knew that there was something special.

I had the pleasure of meeting this gentleman in Jackson several weeks later. In many ways I feel like he has been around for a while. It was fun to finally put a face with the name and learn a little about his personality. We chatted for a long while about our love for sports ... yes, he does love "The School Up North" and he doesn't hate the Auburn Tigers (which is ultimately important) I think that I can approve.

I could not be more thrilled for Sarah Marie and Alan! So, I welcome the first "in-law" to the Fab4!

No comments: