Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Round 1 of Bowl Games 2011

Gator Bowl.

It was the first of my two bowl games for the 2010 post season in college football. Once one starts dating a graduate of another university there are just somethings that you have to learn to deal with. It is a good thing that I do love football and I am typically always up for going to a game. In this case it provided me an opprotunity to travel about 11 hours to the east to visit Jacksonville, FL.

Lee and I headed out before the sun was up on Thursday morning to meet our travel buddies, Justin and Kelly. We traveled old-school style with the men upfront and girls in the back. It was a lot of fun to have a car full of people to drive with. We laughed a lot, Kelly and I played back seat driver a little too much, and Justin was always willing to toss out a comment that would send me laughing.

Friday we enjoyed a day at St. Augustine. The weather was beautiful and warm :) Then I experienced my fist shopping experience with a boy. Coming from a family with all girls I have never had a need to shop for boys. Well, this boy is picky (not a bad thing) and I got a tutorial in shopping for males. We rang in the New Year by celebrating at the MSU Dawg Pound Party. Lots of music, friends, dancing and a few drinks is what filled our night.

Saturday brought the reason that we had traveled so far. I learned that Michigan fans are similar to Alabama fans: think that they are better than anyone else and have a right to win because they have such a rich history in college athletes. Well, MS State introduced them to the new version of college athletics and sent them into a panic (so much so that they fired their coach). I always (unless it is Alabama) enjoy seeing an SEC team prevail in bowl season. MS State not only prevailed they dominated. Yes, the Dawgs routed Michigan 52-14.

Sunday meant that it was time to return to Mississippi. I slept most of the way to Birmingham. It was good to be home and rest up before I started bowl game round 2....






No comments: