Thursday, December 2, 2010

Say Cheese! Time to take the Christmas Card Picture!

Growing up it was one of the most dreaded photo shoots of the year for the Farnsworth family. If you know my Dad at all (I do love him!) then you will realize that he loves taking pictures and being in charge of the photo shoot. But there was hardly ever a year when there was not a fight about taking the Christmas card picture. Maybe we have grown up in the years or maybe we have not because there is still that someone (and, yes, it is sometimes me) that will blurt out that we have a better way of doing things. But if you are friends with my parents you will receive a Christmas card from this year I am sure!

But let's talk about a Christmas card picture that we actually had fun making! It was the members of the White House. We used Shutterly.com to create the perfect card that symbolizes us! http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/christmas-photo-cards?sortType=1&pageNumber=2&DCL=true
or
http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery I am not going to reveal which creative design we used just yet because I want to leave you anticipating that in your mailbox. I will admit that we had a great photographer that made out photo session all the more fun. We chose to use Shutterfly because all the unique and personalized designs that we were able to choose from!

Another tradition that we have going in the Farnsworth household is yearly calendars. http://www.shutterfly.com/calendars My aunt started this a few years ago and they continue to be a favorite. I feel like every present my dad picks up he asks, "is this the present that we all need to open together?" -- meaning is this the calendar? Once the calendar is finally opened everyone spends the next while looking and commenting on the cute pictures and memories of the past year.

It's a tradition of Christmast that will continue on for some time ... we did it as roommates and I hope to make Christmas cards with my family one!

No comments: