Monday, December 13, 2010

BCS Got It Right .... This Time



The year was 2004 and Auburn had just completed a perfect football season. I was a sophomore at Auburn at the time. I remember belting at the top of course voice in Byrant-Denny Stadium, "Hey Alabama! We just beat the hell outta you!" It was a glorious moment. Then my sister and I traveled to the SEC Championship game. We tossed oranges on the field afterwards and a guy carried a sign that read "FedEx me to Miami". Instead we ended that perfect season in NOLA at the Sugar Bowl. Still a dream season and I honestly did not know if I would see that happen again.

Fast forward 6 years ... here we are 2010. Auburn in undeafeted and this time we are playing for the National Championship! My college days are gone but I am still an avid fan and might be a little more ridiculous now that I am gone. Only this time around we have a Heisman Trophy winner and we are going the big game! I will admit this football season has been awful on the blood pressure... one moment we are fine the next I am about to jump out of my skin. But through it all the Tigers have answered every point the other team has scored. My only hope is that this will continue into 2011 (esp on Jan 10)!

It has been a fun season! I hope that it continues!

No comments: