Monday, February 14, 2011

Day of Birth

I mean I complained for weeks about getting older on Feb 13 and then my mom goes and tells someone that I was turning 25. So I guess that either means a) I act younger than I am b) my mother is getting old and can't remember how old her children are. I will let you decide your spin on that situation.

What did I do to celebrate you may ask? Well, it was a long and awful week at work. I already had the attitude of it's just another year we don't have to do something that exciting. As you can imagine after a long stressful/exhausting week at work the last thing I wanted to do was celebrate. Well, Lee and my parents convinced me that I should keep my original plans and go to Sylacauga/Auburn for the weekend. So I picked myself out of bed on Friday morning and packed my clothes to head out of town. Lee picked me up and he drove the entire weekend. I did not pay for gas or anything.

We made our way to Birmingham to do a little shopping for The Boy, spent time with Anna Lucy and ate some good eats. Saturday morning we left for the beloved Plains. Ate lunch with Andrew, Elizabeth and Wilson. Walked around downtown, drank Toomer's Lemonade, chatted on the bench in the Quad and enjoyed nachos at Mamma G's. Pretty perfect day. Went to the Auburn vs MSU basketball game in which my Tigers won! Yes, that is their second SEC win and it came against none other than the Dawgs. I was happy; The Boy was sad. Dinner was disaster that the blog world doesn't deserve to remember because my favorite restaurant had a 90 minute wait at 9pm at night.

Sunday (my actual birthday) Dad had a stomach virus. I use to always be sick on my birthday. Mom made a delicious lunch. As you might remember my birthday present was the trip to Arizona which yes it is still worth it but they also surprised me with an electric sander that I had wanted. I can't wait to see what my next project will be.

So there you have it.... birthday 2011 and 26 years of living! Here's to the next 26!

No comments: