Thursday, December 16, 2010

Stocking Stuffed

On December 4, 2010 I asked Santa to stuff my stocking with a ticket to the National Championship football game in Glendale, AZ where my beloved Auburn Tigers would be playing the Oregon Ducks on January 10, 2011. I called Santa on the phone (yes, I do have a direct line to Santa so don't be jealous) that night and there was laughter at the other end. No promises were made but I stated my case very clearly: all I wanted was 1 ticket to the game and a place to lay my head at night (I even offered to cover the airfare to get there). I hung up the phone to begin the wishing. I would stalk with Internet daily for flights, hotel deals, and even ticket prices but there was just no way that I could afford it all. So I started to think of backup plans and trying to talk myself into the idea that they would be just as grand. For I knew few things surrounding that day: I would not be in the state of Mississippi watching the game (I would not handle listening to disgruntled MSU fans about the fact that we do have Cam Newton on our team), that I would surround myself with family or college friends and that I would prefer to watch the game in Auburn if possible. Well, all of those backup plans were tossed out the window recently. I am going to Arizona! Santa said now you have been a very good girl but this will also count as your birthday, Valentine's Day, Easter, Graduation, Halloween, etc presents. None of that mattered to me... There was flight booked, hotel reservations made, car rented and a ticket in hand. I was in fact going to see my Tigers play one more game this magical season!

1 comment:

Mary Martha said...

AHHH Amy I LOVE IT!! I'm so excited for you!!